Every year in November-December thousands of school leavers’ from around Australia arrive by train, bus and plane, each keen to get their party shoes on and get to Queensland’s night-spots on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Airlie.
With schoolies on our property doorsteps, it is important to know what to do should you need support.
Should your guests get out of control, need assistance or just someone to talk to, The Red Frogs Organisation is available to support you, the accommodation provider.
The Red Frogs is a not-for-profit organisation, providing a volunteer service to ensure the well-being of Australia’s youth during this peak time in the school calendar. In providing this service it can actually take a lot of the pressure off you at this time, providing you with the support you need, so you can simply get on with running your business.
Some accommodation providers have used the Red Frogs to:
• act as a liaison between schoolies and management, to sort out disputes especially if the schoolie is rowdy or intoxicated.
• to check in on party goers if you expect things to be getting out of control ie. Too loud, too messy
• to help provide schoolies with support, guidance or just a shoulder to lean on
• to act as a referral service for counselling or support services
• to provide pancake cook-ups for your schoolie guests, if they can
• to walk school leavers back to their accommodation if needed
• to provide a truck load of red frogs to your schoolies!
If you need support call 1300 557 123 at anytime day or night over the schoolie period and someone should be able to assist.
Interesting Facts about the Red Frogs Organisation:
• Originating from the Gold Coast, Red Frogs has expanded to 16 locations across Australia and also include Bali, Fiji and Vanuatu.
• Over 1,500 Red Frogs volunteers help safeguard the celebrating youth and provide a positive peer role model, offering direct relief to over 75,000 Schoolies/Leavers.
• The Red Frogs 24hr Hotline receives over 10,000 phone calls from Schoolies/ Leavers
• Over 3,000 walk homes keeping Schoolies/Leavers safe
• They distribute over 6 tonne of Allen’s Frogs Alive Red Frogs lollies
• Cook over 50,000 pancakes for Schoolies/Leavers
• Provide positive/live entertainment on stages in 5 locations across Australia
When are the schoolies here:
Week 1 (18 – 25 Nov) – QLD Schoolies
Week 2 (25 Nov – 3 Dec) – NSW & VIC Schoolies
Week 3 (2 – 9 Dec) – NSW & VIC Schoolies
Some other articles you may be interested in:
Comments are closed.